Terms & Conditions
“The Hotel” and “We” mean the property for which a contract is agreed. The property is owned by Great Fosters (1931) Ltd.
“The Client” and “You” mean the organising body/company, agent or representative on behalf of the company and organiser responsible for commissioning and/or payment of the event.
The “Contract” means the agreement between “The Hotel” and “The Client” for a specific booking or series of bookings. These Terms & Conditions will form part of the “Contract”, together with any other items stated in the “Contract”.
We are delighted to hold a provisional booking for you for a maximum of 14 days, unless otherwise agreed by the Hotel. During this time, should a further enquiry be received, we reserve the right to ask for immediate confirmation or instruction to release the booking.
All bookings are considered provisional until the contract is signed by the client. Once the contract is signed all such facilities and services reserved on your behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the contract.
The Contract must be returned by the Client and received by the hotel within ten working days of the date of issue, or if such time is not available prior to the date of arrival, within a maximum of 48 hours.
If the signed Contract is not returned to the Hotel within 10 working days then the Hotel reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities.
DEPOSITS AND PRE-PAYMENTS
£1,000 is required with the return of this contract to secure your wedding day at Great Fosters A further payment based on your contracted minimum number of guests multiplied by the minimum menu spend is required 6 months prior to your wedding. A total of 100% of the estimated total will be required at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding day.
Should deposits or pre-payments be required for an event, this will be specified on the Contract.
All deposits are non-refundable
It is the policy of the Hotel for all accounts to be settled on departure unless prior alternative arrangements are made. A total of 100% of the estimated total will be required at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding day.
In the event of payment becoming overdue, interest at 5% above the current payable Bank base rate as at the date of invoice will be added to your account.
AMENDMENTS BY THE CLIENT
Amendments to guest numbers and/or arrangements must be confirmed to the Hotel in writing. Reduction in the duration, numbers or contracted value of the booking shall be subject to the Hotel’s Cancellation Policy.
No charge will be made for any reductions in numbers as long as they do not fall below the minimum guaranteed number and providing they are received in writing by the Hotel at least 3 working days prior to arrival.
Final numbers, within the terms stated above, must be notified to the Hotel at least 3 working days prior to arrival. This will be the minimum number for which the client will be charged.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
In the unfortunate circumstances that you have to cancel or postpone your confirmed booking at any time prior to the event, the Hotel will make every effort to re-sell the facilities on your behalf. The Hotel’s Cancellation Policy is 90% of contracted accommodation and room hire and 65% of contracted food and beverage revenue, being our loss of profit.
Any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation should be advised to the management of the Hotel in the first instance verbally. You will be advised at that stage of a cancellation reference number. We also request that cancellations are put in writing by the Client.
Definitive cancellation charges due can only be confirmed to you after the intended date of the event, when we shall reduce the charge by the profit on any alternative business we have been able to secure on your behalf.
AMENDMENTS OR CANCELLATIONS BY THE HOTEL
Should the Hotel for reasons beyond its control, need to make any amendments to your booking, we reserve the right to offer an alternative choice of facilities.
Should the Client make significant changes to the programme or the expected number of guests, this may result in amendments to the applicable rates and or/the facilities offered by the Hotel.
The Hotel may cancel the booking if:
- The booking might, in the opinion of the Hotel, prejudice the reputation of the Hotel.
- The Client is more than 30 days in arrears of previous payments to Great Fosters (1931) Ltd.
- The Hotel becomes aware of any alteration in the Client’s financial situation.
It should be noted that whilst the Hotel has no specific dress code, guests are expected to be appropriately dressed at all times. We reserve the right to refuse entry to clients who are, in our opinion, inappropriately dressed.
ACCESS AND VACATE
All rooms are booked on the understanding that they are vacated by the time stipulated on the contract unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance. The access and vacate times quoted for each function time must be strictly adhered to on all occasions. Functions are required to finish at the time agreed when the booking is made. The Hotel reserves the right to levy additional charges where the Client fails to vacate the room at the contracted time.
The Hotel will endeavour to make available bedrooms from 3pm on the day of arrival. We request that bedrooms be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. However, in the event that the guests arrive early we will be delighted to store luggage and belongings until such time that the bedrooms are ready. Should the bedrooms not be vacated by 11am on the day of departure, a charge may be levied by the hotel.
(i) Where the client employs sub-contractors or third parties to assist them with their event, it is their responsibility to ensure that they comply with all Terms and Conditions laid down by the Hotel and any current Health & Safety legislation. The Hotel reserves the right to approve any externally arranged supplier.
(ii) Where the Hotel is requested to book facilities and/or services on behalf of the Client or its guests with third parties, it will do so in good faith but cannot be held liable should the standard of those services prove deficient, or for the acts or omissions from such third parties.
PROFESSIONAL BODIES AND PERFORMING RIGHTS
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that any band or musician employed by them complies with statutory requirements and the requirements of the management of the Hotel, and holds Public Liability Insurance.
- The Hotel must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations and requires the Client to fulfil their obligations in this respect.
- Please note that in order to comply with the requirements of our Public Entertainment Licence, levels of noise must be controlled at all times by noise limiters. The Management, who are the sole arbitrators of what may be deemed to be a public nuisance may require noise levels to be lowered. Refusal to do so by you or your appointed agent could result in the electrical supply being cut off to the band/disco and music being discontinued for the duration of the function. Such an action will not constitute a breach of contract between the Client and the Hotel. Live bands are not permitted in the Orangery and no more than 5 band members per group are permitted in the Tithe Barn.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
The Client will ensure that neither they, nor any of their guests, bring any food or beverage into the Hotel, unless previously agreed in writing by the Hotel. A corkage charge will be made for any consumption of wines agreed in advance.
- The Hotel reserves the right to change the Client’s event to a different room iif numbers fall from those originally contracted for.
- The Client must obtain prior consent for all signs, exhibitions and displays inside and outside the Hotel. The Hotel reserves the right to remove signs which are unauthorised, unlawfully displayed or which may be deemed to cause offence.
- The Hotel’s name/logo may be used in publicity, once a proof of the promotional material has been agreed with the Hotel.
- We are concerned for your health and safety and that of our Hotel. You are required to obtain prior written approval if you wish to fix items to the walls, floors or ceilings.
- The Hotel will not be liable for Clients or any person claiming through the Clients, for any loss or damage caused by, or arising from, its failure to carry out any obligations under this Agreement, due to anything beyond the control of the Hotel.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of service and VAT at the current rate unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to change prices due to increases in suppliers’ costs, tax, duty and any changes in VAT.
- Any additional bookings or services arising out of the Contract will be deemed subject to the above conditions.
- Should any of your guests be unable to correct any aspect of poor behaviour or activities unacceptable to the Hotel, the Hotel reserves the right to terminate your stay. Should this occur, no monies will be refunded to you. The Manager’s decision is final.
- We regret that the Hotel does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles or other property howsoever caused.
- The costs of repairing any damage caused to the property, contents or grounds by any of your guests must be reimbursed to the Hotel by the Client.
- Insurance – we strongly recommend you consider insurance to protect you against cancellation or abandonment. Insurance can also cover non-appearance of third party suppliers, property damage at or to the venue or its contents, third party bodily insurance and third party damage. The Hotel does not accept liability for these.
- Internet and email use – the Organiser agrees to inform their guests/attendees that use of the Internet or email facilities while at the Hotel is carried out in the knowledge that they accept liability for any views expressed, damage caused by infections or viruses, and full personal responsibility for the downloading of illegal material.